Sep 30, 2010

From Out of the Shadows...


Hey there folks. Just a little introduction, which Crash had alluded to earlier this week.

You can call me Kirby. I've helped Crash on the technical side of this website since its inception, long before it ever took on its current format. Though I am also a Pittsburgh native, unlike Crash I am quite content to stay in the city and do not feel a need to run around with his 'Team Crash' in whatever strange scheme he comes up with for a weekend. That said, I do find his exploits intriguing and hate to see his website floundering... especially after all the help I've contributed in its creation and maintenance.

I've always been a behind the scenes guy here, but as per Crash's request I'm going to take a more obvious role; at least for awhile, so Crash can get priorities straightened out as Law School continues to devour his soul. As stated, I do not join the Captain nor his comrades on his ridiculous crusades... but I have been given full access to Crash's knowledge and photos from the adventures.

As such, I will be adding a few new 'adventures', but for the most part I will simply be reinstating pages that were previously posted but are lurking in cyberspace in the old formats of this website. I will also be restoring the different sections of this website, fixing up the design and such, and reinstating ongoing, regular 'features' that left the website when Crash lost his internet access when moving to the mountains. I am a writer afterall, so this should be a fun exercise for me. It is apparent that in the realm of 'guerrilla tourism' this truly is the authoritative source for the Pittsburgh region.

It is likely that I will lack the sarcasm, humor, and uncanny writing style that the Captain maintained here, but I hope I can really hope entertain in his absence in my own ways. Crash will still be posting from time to time, albeit infrequently. In the meantime, you may look forward to the reemergence of lost adventures, event coverage, outfitter recommendations, and more. I hope you will enjoy my presence in the forefront here at the Adventures of Captain Crash!

//Kirby//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

This blog focuses on the travels of Captain Crash, a Pittsburgh native and outdoor guide with a knack for adventure. With a few sidekicks and two great Jeeps, Crash finds incredibly unique and scenic areas throughout Western Pa, WV, NY, OH, MD, and beyond. The adventures are typically off the beaten path to places almost completely unheard of today and often involve camping, offroading, ATVing, paddling, biking, hiking, backpacking, climbing, urban exploring, rappelling, cliff jumping, ghost hunting, urban legends and more.
Follow CaptainCrash95 on Twitter