Sep 2, 2010

Adventure: ORDA Rock Course

As promised, it's another Nemacolin adventure!

The Offroad Driving Academy at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort provides a unique opportunity for guests who have never let their tires touch dirt to learn the skills and enjoyment of offroading. The fleet of modified Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicons lets the instructors and guests have the best of the best as far as capable vehicles goes as they traverse miles of mountaintop trails at the resort featuring rocks, mud, inclines, and water crossings. ORDA trips start, however on the Rock Course, a test track including all the obstacles that challenge a Jeep's capabilities all in one course.




I was privileged enough to serve as a guide/instructor at times on the course, driving one of the mighty Rubicons. Hell I could even watch the Jeeps go by from my perch on the Ropes Course when I was guiding up there (view pictured below).


So of course it was only a matter of time before I brought my own Jeep over to put through its paces, and some of the ropes course girls took a few pics of my little rally for me.

Headed to the log crawls...

40 Degree Incline... 
 

40 Degree Decline...

60 Degree Incline!

40 Degree Side-Slope... way tougher and more intimidating than it looks!

Coming out of the Rock Garden...
 

Water fording trench...

The Jeep and myself in my sweet Nemacolin uniform...

The Jeep with some of the Adventure Center girls... what a trio!

My Jeep ZJ posing on some rocks with one of the Nemacolin Rubicons... good team, good team...

It may not have been the greatest challenge my Jeep has ever faced but it sure was nice to get it out on some trails and get a chance to team it up with the Rubicons I got to use at work. All a part of being an outdoor guide, kids. You know you love it!

If the Offroad Driving Academy interests you offroad novices, you can find out about making a trip of your own at the Nemacolin Woodlands Adventure Center.

Tally-ho!
-Crash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

This blog focuses on the travels of Captain Crash, a Pittsburgh native and outdoor guide with a knack for adventure. With a few sidekicks and two great Jeeps, Crash finds incredibly unique and scenic areas throughout Western Pa, WV, NY, OH, MD, and beyond. The adventures are typically off the beaten path to places almost completely unheard of today and often involve camping, offroading, ATVing, paddling, biking, hiking, backpacking, climbing, urban exploring, rappelling, cliff jumping, ghost hunting, urban legends and more.
Follow CaptainCrash95 on Twitter